Improve Finance is committed to excellence in customer service and to treating its customers fairly. It recognises that there could be occasions when you feel that this objective has not been achieved, which means you may need to make a complaint. All complaints are investigated fairly and thoroughly, so that we can resolve your issue, and, where we have made a mistake, for us to learn from your complaint.
How do I complain?
In the event that you ever have to complain regarding a mortgage application, you should contact:
Deal Direct FS Ltd
H2B, Universal Marina,
or by phone:
0800 048 8828
or by email:
Do I have to make the complaint in writing?
No. We are happy to accept complaints by telephone on the above number. Please make it clear that you are registering a complaint and make a note of the name of the person you spoke to and the date on which you rang.
What happens next?
We will acknowledge your complaint promptly following receipt, enclosing a copy of these procedures. If you do not hear from us, please check first to see that we have actually received your complaint.
- If you make an oral complaint, our written acknowledgement will set out our understanding of your complaint.
- If we have reasonable grounds to be satisfied that another firm may be solely or jointly responsible for the allegation(s) made, we will promptly forward the complaint or the relevant part of it to that firm. We will write to you to confirm our actions and provide contact details of the firm concerned.
- Where we are able to resolve your complaint by the close of three business days following receipt, and this is to your satisfaction, we will issue a written summary of our findings and their conclusion. If having received this letter you remain dissatisfied, you may refer the issue to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who can be contacted at:The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone 0800 0234 567.
We will provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet; ‘your complaint and the ombudsman’.
- The website address for the Financial Ombudsman Service if required is www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
- We will continue to investigate the complaint until we are in a position to send you our Final Decision Letter.
- If your complaint is upheld, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible.
- Once you have received our Final Decision Letter, if you are unhappy with our handling of your complaint; you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service at the address provided above. You must refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of our Final Decision Letter. A copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service leaflet ‘your complaint and the ombudsman’ will be included with our Final Decision Letter.
We shall deem the matter closed when:
- We have resolved your complaint by close three business days from receipt to your satisfaction, and issued a written summary confirming the outcome of our investigation
- Our investigation has been completed and a Final Decision Letter has been sent to you, or;
- Where you have indicated, in writing, acceptance of any earlier response, where appropriate.
Please note that we are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, which means you are not entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations.